Friday, February 12, 2010

And So It Begins

Day 1. The Blog experiment. I have never once blogged...okay, that's a lie if having a xanga in the 7th grade counts. I'm taking a class that Professor David Silver has susinctly described as follows:

"Green Media is a special topics production class devoted to making media about making food. Throughout the semester, students will plan, plant, tend, and harvest a veggie plot in USF's organic garden; research, cook, and share a selection of seasonal, regional recipes; and eat, experience, and experiment with real food. Further, using social media like twitter, flickr, facebook, blogs, and video, students will make and share media about growing, cooking, and eating food. Finally, students will work collaboratively to design and build two food-related exhibits in Gleeson Library."

Now, for a Media Studies major, I'm not too advanced in terms of social media. I'm not big on twitter and Facebook is beginning to drive me crazy with all the games and apps. Blogging, however, is a good platform for sharing my experiments with food. But I don't want to limit myself just to that. Pictures, cool links, upcoming events around San Francisco--I want to share whatever I feel like, and lucky for me it's my blog and I can do whatever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment